background

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Penguin Party Invites

So today, I decided to make the invitations for Elaina's 10th birthday party coming up. Since her birthday is in December, she has chosen to go with a winter and penguin theme. Today we designed her invitations and then while they were out playing in the snow, I got to work.


We went through my Wild Cards cartridge to find a shape for her invitations. There are a lot of cute cards on this cartridge and the shapes can be used for much more. She ended up choosing this shape which is a folded invitation card (key #6 for those who use a numbering system). The blue paper is from my gemstone pack. I gave her the choice between white, black and blue because of the theme. I think the blue turned out really nice. The other side is black and not sparkly. I cut it at 4" and used My Martha Stewart score board to score and fold it on the marks.


Using the black sparkly paper, I cut out the phrases for this invitation at 4" also. Every element on the card is designed to size properly together. I attached the "Your Invited" to the folded front of the card so that it shows up inside the window.


On the inside of the card, I used a lightweight plain white card stock and cut the liner at 4" so it would be an exact fit. I placed the black phrases that I cut at the 4" setting along the left hand side. The phrases were all quite small so I held them with my Tweezerbees and used Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive which has a nice fine end on it.


I had some Penguin stickers from CM that I added to the inside bottom flap. I used a white opaque marker to add snowflakes and snow for the penguins to stand on. I also put a penguin and some snow on the closed front flap. After I had written all the relevant details inside with a blue marker, I folded it shut and held it closed with a foam snowflake sticker.

Here are the finished cards. I think they look fabulous and Elaina really liked them when they were done!



Now I have 2 weeks left to get the rest of the things ready for the party. The cake should be interesting based on the design she's picked out. Wish I had a Cricut Cake! But all in all, it's nice to have part of it done well in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment