background

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Over the hills and through the woods...

Hello, back to the card making. This card has a lot of layers, but is still a very simple design. I hope you like it!



I used CTMH papers for this card and inked all the edges. I also pinched some of the edges to give them more of a distressed look. Can't wait to get my Distressing Kit and really go to town! I love the look of aged cards. I used brown ink to stamp both the sentiment and the sledding image. I coloured the girl on the sled with my water colour pencils. The circles were cut using my CM circle cutters which after almost 10 years, I still love.



As you can see from this view, I popped the circles up off the card with dimensionals. I also used some leftover strips of paper, heavily inked, to finish the inside of the card off.

This was the card when I first finished it. A bit of brown ribbon and some gold gems finished it off. I kept looking at it though, thinking that something was missing. The original design was in my CTMH catalogue and it had a silk flower attached to it. So I got out my Cricut and using a flower off of Plantin SchoolBook, I cut a flower for mine out of patterned paper. I curled the edges slightly around a pencil and added a pearl to the center. Now, it looked finished! As you can see at the top of the blog, the flower just gives it that little something something that was missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment