background

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Magic of Christmas in Blue

The Magic of Christmas



I decided to step away from the more traditional Christmas colours that I had been using and make a sparkly card that featured a deep blue. The paper is Gemstones from Recollection in ivory and dark blue. There is also a dark green little strip that I scalloped with scissors. The striped paper came from a pack of Christmas papers that I had purchased last year at Michael's. The dark blue ribbon has stitching on it but also some sparkly iridescent dots that really pick up the rest of the colours. Instead of making a bow, I just tied another strip of ribbon around the longer piece and clipped the ends. The sentiment was a single stamp that I found in the dollar bins and of course, I popped it up with dimensionals.



In keeping with the simplicity of the outside, I simply added a strip of paper and a small sentiment. Blue was a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment