background

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ho Ho Ho Christmas Card

Ho Ho Ho
Another card made with this year's favourite papers. The Mistletoe Pack from Close to My Heart. I have made 8 cards with this pack so far and I think I have enough paper to make at least 8 more, plus bits left over to mix and match with other papers. I haven't used any of it for LO pages because I've been concentrating on cards, but maybe after Christmas!


As you can see this card has several layers. It is an A2 sized card and one of these days, I'll start keeping track of the other measurements that I use, but for now I just wing it and see what looks good to me. For this card there were 5 different layers on top of the original card stock.
The candy cane and gift box stamps were from CTMH and the Santa stamp was from a pack that I picked up at Michael's. I attempted to use my water colour pencils again, but I'm still not doing it right! Oh well, practice makes perfect, they say. I used a white gel pen to make the scroll work at the bottom.


Inside the card I added a layer of the ivory, a red square gem and some pen work. All of my papers were inked with a creamy brown Box Colour ink and I used my Antique scissors to cut some of them out to give it a different look.

No comments:

Post a Comment